When are these "reverends" going to start reading God's Word and then start living it out so people can see what the Gospel and being a follower of Jesus Christ is all about?
You would think that anyone who claims to speak for God would at least be true to God's Word. Even Jesus said that the words He spoke were not His own but the Father's Who sent him.
48) He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
49) For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
50) And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.
That's why Jesus was able to tell us that heaven and earth will pass away but His words will never pass away. His words are timeless because He is timeless. His words will never fail because God our Father will never fail.
So why aren't these "reverends" preaching and leading by example based on what Jesus said in the Sermon on the Mount? You know, words like these:
44) But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45) That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46) For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47) And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more [than others]? do not even the publicans so?
Jesus said we're to LOVE our enemies. We're to BLESS them that curse us. We're supposed to DO GOOD to them that hate us. And PRAY for those that treat us unjustly.
How does inciting a crowd with "G_d d__n white America? Fulfill that call? Is that not doing the exact opposite of what Jesus taught?
We need to get back to being God pleasers by preaching the message He gave us rather than pleasing men to make names for ourselves. In fact, if we're not preaching this message of loving our enemies along with all the rest He's commanded us, then we're really not servants of Christ at all. Jesus Himself said this very thing.
If ye love me, keep my commandments.
23) Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
24) He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
The world doesn't need any more matches added to the dry tinder of sin. Instead, it needs some water -- living water (John 4:10; John 7:38) -- poured out on it. The water that brings times of refreshing and new life. That's what Christ's followers are called to do (Matthew 28:18-20).
Let's be salt and light as Jesus said (Matthew 5:13-16) and get back to being ambassadors for Christ (2 Corinthians 5:20-21).
The world's problems are not going to be solved by using the world's tools (you know, like blaspheming God's Name to stir people to violence). And anyone who wants to be friendly with the world will be an enemy of God (James 4:4).
It's time for the church to wake up and help people find peace through Jesus Christ.